Understand and discuss the importance of the Brownie Web Safe Code and show you follow it when using the internet.
Show how to do the following:
Choose and do four of the following:
- Turn on the computer
- Start a program and create a document of your choice
- Save your work
- Print your work
- Safely remove hardware
- Log off securely and shut down the computer.
- Show that you can use at least five keyboard shortcuts
- Show the tester a game you enjoy playing and explain what you have to do
- Discuss ways that people with disabilities can still have full access
to a computer
- Upload photos and video clips and create a presentation using sound
- Explain and demonstrate how to send a message safely
- Show the tester a blog that you have written or examples of blogs that you have looked at. Write something using a range of fonts, font sizes, images and check the spelling of your work for example a letter or story
- Create a piece of art using a graphics package
- Use two different websites to research the same information/topics and
discuss the similarities and differences you find
- Make stationery for an event, for example: invitations, menus, posters, name labels
- With the tester, use a search engine to find out about one of the following and discuss what you have found:
- Brownies in another country
- A famous person
- A hobby or sport you are interested in
- A country you would like to visit.
- Carry out a survey on a topic of your choice and present your results in a spread sheet/graph.
Do one of the following:
- Discuss and show your favourite apps to the tester and describe an app
that you would like to be able to use
- Be aware of the different social media sites and know the age restrictions.Explore the history of ICT and present it using a method of your choice
- List things that you use every day that use computers
- Write a set of instructions for a moveable device for example a Beebot and make it work
- Explain how an ICT system is used in businesses or shops
- List some jobs in ICT or find out about some jobs in ICT.
Take regular breaks when you are on the computer: at least 5 mins every ¾ hour.
Make sure that you are aware of your surroundings when using a computer in a public place and who can see what you are doing.