1. Do at least one activity from each
of the three sections.
All about me
* Sound - ears
five different sound effects.
- Make three
different noises for someone else to identify.
- Try four foods (lemonade, toothpaste, water and yogurt) and decide which
is most acidic. Now make an indicator
totest your ideas.
- Find out what makes me, me.
a pinhole camera and use it to look at
- Compare your
fingerprint with the rest of your unit or a group of friends - can
you find your own?
* How clean am I?
- Find out about how
bacteria are spread.
- Understand the importance of washing
- Make your own cleanser.
* Fuel for
- Demonstrate how there is energy in food.
- How much energy do
you need? What do you use it for?
* Structures (building
towers or bridges)
- In your Six or with a
group of friends build a structure, such as a bridge or tower. Could
your structure survive
- Find out how
air can power transport and produce renewable energy.
- Find out about how different forces act on each other.
- Explore how science has been used to improve safety.
- Make a vehicle and see how far it can travel.
All around me
- What does a plant need to grow?
- How are different colours made?
- Make, test and use different dyes.
- Understand and demonstrate how
you can navigate your way during the day and at night.
- Make your own compass.
a combination of liquids - water, cooking oil, washing-up liquid,
honey, milk. Investigate how things sink/float.
- How are animals adapted to their environments? What
issues have an impact on
2. Do one of the following. * Visit a museum, science centre, zoo,
botanical garden, science festival, aquarium, nature reserve or
* Have a scientist,
engineer or medical professional talk to you about their work.
* Find out about two famous scientists.